Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The scope is extensive and includes the diagnosis and management of facial injuries, head and neck injuries or pain, salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws as well as numerous problems affecting the oral mucosa such as mouth ulcers and infections. With the capacity to handle following operations.
• Facial injuries, management of complex craniofacial fractures and soft tissue injuries of the mouth, face, and neck.
• Head and neck injuries or pain, access to tumours within the depths of the complex craniofacial anatomy, and ablation of tumours, including neck dissections.
• Reconstructive surgery, including microvascular free tissue transfer.
• Orthognathic surgery for the correction of facial disproportion
• Pre-implant surgery, including the use of implants to retain facial or dental prostheses and associated bone grafting techniques as part of oro-facial reconstruction.
• Removal of impacted teeth and complex buried dental roots.
• Removal of cysts and tumours of the jaws
• Primary and secondary surgery for cleft lip and palate, and other congenital facial deformities.
• Management of benign and malignant lesions of the salivary glands.
• Removal of complex facial skin tumours and reconstruction
• Cosmetic surgery including face lifts, eyelid and brow surgery and rhinoplasties.
• Temporomandibular joint surgery.